[BLOG] WB Montreal Scrap Suicide Squad Game For One On Damian Wayne

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] WB Montreal Scrap Suicide Squad Game For One On Damian Wayne

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Sources have apparently come forward to Kotaku from inside of Warner Bros Montreal that suggest that a Suicide Squad game that been rumoured and even teased at the end of their last Batman game (Arkham Origins) had been scrapped after it failed to impress studio executives.

The game had apparently been a co-op game which had been in development for about two years, however as it failed to impress the decision was taken to scrap it entirely and replace it instead with a new Batman game that focuses on the son of the Dark Knight - Damian Wayne.

For those who don't keep up with the story of the comics (hey, me too), Damian Wayne is the current Robin and Bruce Wayne's actual blood son. Born to antiheroine Talia al Ghul, daughter of bad guy Ra's al Ghul, Damian was raised by his grandfather in his organisation the League of Assassins before being sent to Batman. A violent 10 year old with no hesitation in killing, Damian and Wayne had to learn to bond before Wayne let Damian don the mantle of Batman's sidekick Robin.

There are apparently some good stories that exist around Damian, if his origin story wasn't badass enough - so hopefully if WB Montreal do well, this new game could be something to look forward to. It doesn't really seem like the Suicide Squad game will be much mourned because of it anyway, especially after how badly some people received the Suicide Squad film.

Hopefully we'll get an official announcement for the new game in the months to come, so that we know we'll be seeing it for certain.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!