[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Jan 16th

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Jan 16th

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

After a little time off over the holidays, welcome back to your weekly update on what looks interesting in the world of Kickstarter gaming campaigns. This is a quietish period for campaigns but new ones do pop up every week, and the last few weeks have brought at least one change - Kickstarter campaign pages now look a lot cleaner.

First of all, let's clear up those previously covered that have come to some resolution over the holiday period. Starting with bad news, a number of games have finished short of target; including Project: Liberty (with the last update being about a delayed trailer), Blanco (no updates),  Legend of Decay (again, no updates), Left for Dad (last update from weeks ago), Twin Flames (last update says that they're going to keep going with the project though), Never Not Shooting (the last update being on an enemy type), Knock-Out (their only update being about using social networks to get word out), Monkeys On Your Back (with the last update thanking people for support), Arcade Tycoon (with an update after close showing a version they got out despite the campaign's failure), Nin (the last update showing off VR mode gameplay), One Up This (the team are now working to make the game available on a print on demand site), and with no change in the status of Berghein's campaign page, it's probably safe to say that game won't be coming out too soon either.

As always though, we do have some good news and the previously covered campaigns that met targets or finished with well met targets during the holiday period are DämmerLicht, Undermine, Plague Road, Renegade Line, SECTOR 6, and Bitdude. All are wonderful looking games and we can't wait to see them out and on sale.

Sundered

First up, we have the next game from the team that brought us Jotun.

Sundered is described as a "horrifying fight for survival and sanity" in its title, and is a replayable metroidvania game that deals with eldritch power. You play as a character named Eshe, in a world of caverns and relics of terrifying and terrible power. Use their power as your own and defeat demonic bosses, but be careful - eldritch power comes with a cost and the more you embrace it, the smaller your own humanity becomes. Will you resist, or embrace its call?

Sundered has a CA$ 25,000 goal, and has reached its 100% mark during my writing of the article. It still has 31 more days to run though, so who knows how far it can go?

UnDungeon

Next up is an action/RPG with roguelike elements to it.

UnDungeon has pixelarty graphics and is set in a world formed from seven former worlds, merged into one by the 'Shift'. Seven immortal 'Heralds' travel this world in ruins together and between them will decide the world's fate. The game will be released for PC/Mac/Linux, with console releases planned if the game reaches certain stretch goals - which means it'll need to do well if you want to play this game on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One! (Or the Switch...? Possibly?)

UnDungeon has 27 days to go, and has made €34,748 of its €50,000 goal so far.

Pixel Princess Blitz

Thirdly, another action RPG, but with a beautiful looking art style.

First of all, this campaign is filled with funny, quirky little comics to explain what the game is and what the story is all about. I love that, it's such a fresh way to get this information across. There are some roguelike elements to this one too, with random encounters, loot to pick up, randomly generated dungeons and enemies and fast-paced combat. And as I said, the art style is lovely. I really hope this one does well.

Pixel Princess Blitz has a €77,700 goal, with 23 days to go. It has made €35,528 so far.

Elite: Dangerous Role Playing Game

And we're finishing with a physical game based off of a digital one.

Elite: Dangerous Role Playing Game seeks to bring the world of the video game, wide and sandboxy with an emphasis on forging your own path, into a role playing setting. And it could probably work - there is a lot to do in the video game and this campaign is aiming to get a core manual and four supplement books published for your role playing fun. Who knows, maybe if it gets funded we'll get a copy for the office here at the station.

Elite: Dangerous Role Playing Game has a £45,000 target with 29 days to go. It has made £19,821 so far.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!