[BLOG] Klei Entertainment Acquire Fellow Indie Slick Entertainment

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Klei Entertainment Acquire Fellow Indie Slick Entertainment

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

In a blog post that detailed the move, Slick Entertainment who are responsible for recently released co-op brawler game Viking Squad have revealed that the studio has been bought and made a part of Klei Entertainment, best known for their Don't Starve game as well as all its associated bits and pieces.

In the post Slick founder and programmer Nick Waanders said that it would allow the three-person team moving across to focus on the fun part of the development, "making the games". It's worth noting that Waanders and the founder of Klei Jamie Cheng once worked together at Relic Entertainment so it's not as if Slick are going into a workspace with people they're not familiar with. They've even worked together since forming their own studios on a number of projects over the years.

The purchase means that the three people at Slick will now be working on Klei's games, but also will develop the Slick existing properties with Klei, who has bought the rights to them along with the studio.

"I'd like to thank all of you for the decade of support," Waanders wrote to his studio's fans. "It’s been an amazing journey and we couldn’t have done it without you!"

Obviously we can't say that the move will work out for certain, but given the shared past between the founders and their past co-operative work, things look good.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!