[BLOG] WildStar Goes Free To Play September 29th

All MMO's, P2P and F2P... As MMO's get more interest and we have shows dedicated to them, or lots of news posts, we will add new sections dedicated to them
Digmbot

[BLOG] WildStar Goes Free To Play September 29th

Post by Digmbot »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Wildstar developer Carbine has announced that the MMORPG will be going free to play on September 29th. In a stream today, they talked about the ongoing beta tests of the new version of the game, including streamlined starter areas and some quality of life improvements such as improved tutorials. Wildstar has been around for just about a year, and the subscriber base never quite took off the way Carbine might have liked. Now, with the switch to free to play, one of the things they have been talking most about is how to make sure that players who purchased the game originally are properly rewarded. While much of that remains to be ironed out in the second phase of testing that will occupy the rest of the month before the official launch, the developers have maintained that loyal players will find plenty of rewards waiting for them.

Of interesting note is the teams emphasis on testing their new real money currency, Ncoin. They have asked existing testers to spend real money to help them test the new currency, promising that the real money will be returned once the tests are concluded. I've put several hundred hours into Wildstar and I remain optimistic about the new free to play model.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
-Digmbot