[BLOG] Flagship's Kickstarter has been pulled at the last week

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Flagship's Kickstarter has been pulled at the last week

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Another space-based game with a crowdfunding page has been pulled days before it reached completion. This time it's ship-bridge-perspective RTS game Flagship, being developed by twin developers Brad Jeffery and Matt J.

The Kickstarter for the project had 5 days to go and had reached just over half of the £95,000 goal which is the one of the reasons the decision was made to pull it now rather than wait until the end of the process.

"It's looking like the campaign isn't going to turn around, so rather than drag this out for another 5 days we're going to end it now. I know this will disappoint many of you, and for that we are very sorry. This has been a heartbreaking process for us." Brad announced in an update to the Kickstarter page.

He went on to thank everyone who had already backed, all who had covered the game or promoted it in any way and everyone who had in any way supported them with the process of trying to get the game funded. However, this doesn't spell the end of Flagship entirely as the two are not willing to give up on it fully.

“Flagship is still our dream game, and we’re not giving up on it. One day you’ll get your ship.”

Kickstarters do usually see an enormous pick up in the amount donated to a project during the last few days of the time limit set, so if the project hadn't been pulled there is a chance Flagship could have been funded. However it wouldn't have been a guarantee, and I wish them luck in trying to make Flagship a reality through some other method.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!