[BLOG] CS:GO User Exploits Chat Bug To Complain About Security Issues

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] CS:GO User Exploits Chat Bug To Complain About Security Issues

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

A lot of strange things happen in the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive community seems. Maybe it's just because it's such a big one; but this story's certainly a new one for me.

Over the last few days an exploit was discovered which let chat bots invade game lobbies - even private ones - to spam whatever they wanted, and what's more they were unkickable too because of it. So what did one of the main users of the exploit use it to do? Erm, complain about security issues in CS:GO as well as how Valve's handling it...

As you can see in the screenshot above, the user is trying to stir up the community into a one-day boycott of the game in protest of the "hackers and bugs" he sees, claiming that Valve is more interested in making money from the game through selling skins and cases than fixing these security issues. There's even a Reddit thread discussing the exploit and the user in question.

Ironically, despite the user's claims, Valve have responded to that thread saying that they "have deployed a temporary solution to help mitigate the exploit" and that they "will continue working on it throughout next week".

Stay weird gaming communities. You brighten my day up tremendously.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!