[BLOG] Quake Champions Will Be F2P With Champions For Purchase

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Quake Champions Will Be F2P With Champions For Purchase

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

So by now you've probably heard that id Software and Bethesda are bringing about a new game in the Quake series called Quake Champions. We've already had a few trailers and some details about it, but now we know how much the game will cost.

Esssentially Quake Champions will be free-to-play, with one of the titular Champions available for free - a Champion called Ranger. However, the other Champions will not be free and you'll need to pay for them. Creative Director Tim Willits told Polygon that in order to get access to the other champions, players will need to buy a Champion Pack to the roster if they don't want to spend time grinding up to unlock them.

"At its core, it’s a free-to-play game with the option to buy the Champion Pack and just get in and play with all the Champions. There are a number of Quake players that just want to play their Quake, right? And they are familiar with the business model of our previous games, and they are totally fine. ‘I want to buy the game. I want to start playing. I want to have access to all the Champions.’ But then we also understand that we want to get as many people into the game as possible, especially outside of North America and Western Europe, where we have a massive fan base. So we want to have the flexibility to have a free-to-play option for those people."

If you don't want to make a payment, it will be possible to unlock the other Champions with the in-game currency (called Favour) for a set amount of time. However paid and free players will be sharing the same games, so it remains to be seen if the players who can afford to purchase the Champion Pack will have an advantage or not.

Quake Champions will be running a closed beta in the coming weeks.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!