[BLOG] XBox One Review: Steredenn by @pixelnest Studio!

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG] XBox One Review: Steredenn by @pixelnest Studio!

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

July last year (2015), Station manager Digmbot was stupidly excited for a new shoot 'em up, or shmup that he'd found on STEAM.

That was Steredenn and we've loved it on STEAM ever since, but a week ago the guys at Pixelnest (Thanks Damien) dropped us a review copy for Steredenn on XBox One and I had to yoink it before any of the team found out.

I love this game, it's crazy hard but in a great way and makes you want to carry on killing the evil aliens and by evil I mean seriously, what other scifi game have you seen alien skips shaped like chainsaws?!?

The controls are perfect on the Xbox One, they are fluid and responsive, just as you'd expect them to be.

The graphics look lush for a pixel based game aswell, so much happens on screen you forget this is a pixel game.

But what really stands out in steredenn is the music, I would happily buy this soundtrack if I could (Please damien, if you read this review, drop me a copy for the station PLEASE!)

I can't reccomend this game more, it's the perfect example of this genre of game and very few have grabbed me since R-Type way back in the old days of my teens.

Steredenn gets a Super shmup 9 out of 10 from me!

~Lone

Steredenn is available on XBox One now for £10.39.