[BLOG] Minecraft coming to the Playstation 3!

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Minecraft coming to the Playstation 3!

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Yesterday the Playstation Europe blog announced something that I think many fans of Sony's console have been wanting for a while: that Minecraft was getting a console version for the Playstation 3 within the week.

In the blog 'Owen from Mojang' gives a quick overview of the game, introducing its concept for those not aware of it yet and answering the questions that are most likely to be frequently asked. The release will be a download from the Playstation Store with planned versions for the Vita and the next-gen Playstation 4 in the works although these version don't yet have release dates. Upon download Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition will be as up-to-date as its Xbox counterpart and both console versions of the game should now be released at the same time.

Skins and other content will also be available to download from the Store soon after the release, although there's not yet word on if any of it will be Sony-exclusive. There's also no word on compatibility with the upcoming Vita and PS4 version and as always Herobrine will remain a mere myth within the game (maybe, that question was answered with a 'probably not' so...)

Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition will be available to download from the Playstation Store from the December 18th.

Playstation blog post is: here

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!