[BLOG] Disc copies of CoD's Remastered game need disc to play

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Disc copies of CoD's Remastered game need disc to play

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

The news that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered was going to be coming with the next Call of Duty game - Infinite Warfare - in a double-game bundle was something that was greeted with a lot of enthusiasm by fans of the series. Remasters seem to be quite popular right now, I myself am really looking forward to getting to try the remastered Skyrim which I'll be getting for free (Legendary Edition rocks).

However, someone's noticed a little detail that applies if you decide to get Infinite Warfare on disc. Activision seem to have decided to go against the done thing of giving out a download code in the box and that means that if you want to play Modern Warfare Remastered, you're going to need to have the disc for Infinite Warfare for your platform of choice inserted before you can run the game.

While this is likely a move to stop people from buying the double-game bundle for just Remastered, it hasn't gone down so well with gamers. When the bundle was first announced, a lot of people plainly said that they would be getting the double-game bundle just for the Remastered game. The fact that you need the Infinite Warfare disc means that those people who didn't want that game can no longer try to recoup some of the purchase price by selling on the newer game, and the Remastered version of the classic game is presently not going to be available in any other way. Activision obviously saw these comments about only wanting the Remastered game, and so have made the decision to stop those buying a disc copy selling it on.

What do you think of this move? For or against it? Let us know in the comments.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!