[BLOG] Niantic Release New Pokemon Into Pokemon Go!

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Niantic Release New Pokemon Into Pokemon Go!

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

After a time wondering when the rota of capturable Pokemon would be updated, and Niantic hinting at it - it's finally happened. Niantic have confirmed that new monsters are now available in the game, including a number of Baby Pokemon and others taken from the 2nd Gen of Pokemon. That's Gold and Silver (and Crystal) in case you need a refresher.

While there's been no specific number revealed, Niantic have said that these new 'mon will only be available through eggs you can acquire from pokestops and then hatch out. A trailer has been put out that does reveal a few, including Togepi and Pichu as now being available.

As well, to celebrate the time of year from now until December 29th you can get a special edition of Pikachu in the game. Why is this one special? It wears a festive holiday hat.

Other features have also recently been introduced in a bid to lure back players who have maybe drifted off from the game. Sprint stores are now gyms and pokestops, there's a pokemon-themed Starbucks drink, limited-time in-game events are now a thing, and most importantly (according to my friends who still play) the location tracker is back.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!