[BLOG] Pokemon Go to get more mons and other stuff soon

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Pokemon Go to get more mons and other stuff soon

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Pokemon Go has shot up the charts of mobile downloads to become one of the most popular games out at the moment. Now at the Pokemon Go panel held at San Diego Comic-Con, Niantic's John Hanke has revealed more about what we can expect for it in the future - and more Pokemon from beyond Gen 1 are a part of that.

Of course, these updates aren't all going to be coming too soon; after all among the most common things to hear about Pokemon Go are that it's fun, team rivalry taunts, complaints that someone's just sniped the gym you were trying to take control of and that the servers are down - again. Among what we can expect beyond the greater choice of catchable Pokemon are trading, Pokemon Centres, and PokeStop customisation.

Unfortunately Hanke has confessed that while its all in development, he can't give a release date as trying to keep the servers up is the top of the priority list right now as it really ought to be. Centres are still just a concept or idea right now, but the PokeStop customisation is also in the works meaning players might soon be able to build up an area and change functionality of PokeStops through items. Useful if you want your area to be known as a Pokemart for Pokeballs or a Centre if actual Pokemon Centres aren't actually feasible for Niantic to implement.

Either way, it sounds exciting. I currently can't play, but I think with only Gen 1 monsters available I'd get a little bored. I'd guess that Gen 2 would be top of the list to come next, but I really look forward to Hoenn's Pokemon coming to the game.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!