[BLOG] 'Doom 4' rumoured for Xbox 720 and PS4

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG] 'Doom 4' rumoured for Xbox 720 and PS4

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Doom 4, which is expected to be the next big first-person shooter from seasoned developer id Software, seems to be headed to both Sony and Microsoft’s next-generation consoles.

Lead programmer Brian Harris hinted at the game’s development through, of course, his Twitter account. His Linkedin profile has him down as the lead behind Doom 4 until January 2012, when he moved over to Doom 3 BFG. A single Tweet seems to suggest that he’s now back on the game.

“Currently home taking care of a new baby girl,” Harris said when asked about his current work situation. “When I get back, I’ll help port the big project to new platforms.”

While he never actually typed out “Doom 4,” his Tweet makes it sound like he’s moving that game from current gen to what’s coming next. So, it may be a launch title that straddles the technological fence.

We’ll have to just wait and see if this comes be at a later date.

Are you excited to get your hands on Doom 4? If so, would you rather play it on a new set of consoles, or what you have? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!
CrimsonShade
He's Technically Motivated

Re: [BLOG] 'Doom 4' rumoured for Xbox 720 and PS4

Post by CrimsonShade »

I'd find some delightful Shaudenfrude in seeing a Doom title on XBone, since XBone IS doomed - to failure :P