[BLOG] Microsoft and Mojang: Bloomsberg say Notch started talks

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Microsoft and Mojang: Bloomsberg say Notch started talks

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Last night's news about a possible Microsoft buyout of the indie developer responsible for Minecraft, Mojang sparked quite a reaction last night. A lot of people do not seem to relish the thought.

Now Bloomsberg have reported that far from Microsoft approaching Mojang as was assumed, founder Notch approached Microsoft first. The report states that Notch "reached out to Microsoft a few months ago, based on a positive working relationship on Minecraft for Xbox," and that details have been being hammered out ever since that time. If the deal did go through it would also see Notch leaving Mojang entirely after assisting with the transition.

The news comes as a bit of a shock given that Notch has a reputation for being big on indies but not as much on bigger companies, having once famously pulled out of a Minecraft/Oculus deal after the VR company was acquired by Facebook. Personally I am still a tiny bit sceptical, but then $2 billion is a lot of money and you can never really tell.

All we can do now is wait and see whether there's any truth to the news flying about.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!