[BLOG] Minecraft name changes have finally been teased

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Minecraft name changes have finally been teased

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

2011 seems a very long time ago, even though it was only 4 years ago. As time goes on you change as a person. I certainly have, most of that change coming in the last year or so. So my first Minecraft account name of chromefanfox really doesn't fit me anymore as a person, which is why I have my main one under PredictedCyborg for gaming now.

However, having talked about implementing it in the near future last year, Mojang have begun to release little hints that they're getting ready to make it possible for users to change those usernames that they longer like to something more fitting. I have a few ideas for my alternate account name already. The teaser came in tweet for from Mojang dev Kristoffer Jelbring, showing the change button in the account menu.

Teaser. #minecraft pic.twitter.com/Edv4CXwckL

— Kristoffer Jelbring (@KrisJelbring) January 5, 2015

A small feature maybe, but one that many have wanted for a while. As I said, time changes us and before the only way to get an account with a different username was... well, to pay again for it. And you can see how that'd be an unpopular option and why this change will be celebrated when it releases.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!