Kirk vs Kirk. To the Pain!

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

Post by Lonesamurai »

William Shatner and Chris Pine arm-wrestled for the documentary The Captains, where Shatner sits down with past Trek captains.

US, June 24, 2011

We have no idea what the EPIX channel is, but this photo they tweeted of original Captain Kirk, William Shatner, arm wrestling new J.J. Abrams movie Captain Kirk, Chris Pine, is pretty freakin' sweet.

Image - EPIX
Too bad neither one believes in the no-win scenario.

Thanks to Slashfilm for the heads up on this image and the news that this pic is part of a new documentary that will be airing on EPIX called William Shatner's The Captains.

Filmed over the last year, The Captains will feature Shatner sitting down with all of Star Trek's captains (Patrick Stewart, Kate Mulgrew, Avery Brooks, Scott Bakula, Chris Pine). Shatner talked to Canoe.ca about what it was like when he came face to face with Pine. "He's shy," Shatner said. "So the way I started the interview, I put out a table and chairs outside the Paramount gates, and arm-wrestled with him. That was the beginning of my interview with him. I think it broke the ice, that's for sure."

William Shatner's The Captains premieres on the EPIX Channel on July 21st 2011.