[BLOG] Movie Review: Despicable Me 2

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG] Movie Review: Despicable Me 2

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
While Gru, the ex-supervillain is adjusting to family life and an attempted honest living in the jam business, a secret Arctic laboratory is stolen. The Anti-Villain League decides it needs an insider's help and recruits Gru in the investigation. Together with the eccentric AVL agent, Lucy Wilde, Gru concludes that his prime suspect is the presumed dead supervillain, El Macho, whose his teenage son is also making the moves on his eldest daughter, Margo. Seemingly blinded by his over-protectiveness of his children and his growing mutual attraction to Lucy, Gru seems on the wrong track even as his minions are being quietly kidnapped en masse for some malevolent purpose.

Straight off the bat, this film made me laugh so hard throughout that I was actually crying...   So before I even talk about it, it's a win!

Gru (Steve Carell), Dr. Nefario (Russell Brand), the minions and the girls are back and now Gru is a totally legit business owner making jams and assorted jellies (none of which are even remotely edible according to the Minions)

This is when we meet Lucy (Kristen Wiig), a super secret agent for an agency that ONLY deals with the super villain crazy plans (like Gru stealing the moon in the first film).  Who then kidnaps Gru and a couple of the minions and takes them back to the super secret submarine base to meet Silas Ramsbottom (Steve Coogan) (heehee, Bottom!), to try and get Gru to help them catch the supervillain that stole a secret formulae that turns even the meakest and mildest creatures, into crazy, indestructible Frankenstein like monsters.

At the same point, Gru's girls, Margo (Miranda Cosgrove), Agnes (Elsie Fisher) and Edith (Dana Gaier) are trying to find Gru a girlfriend and a mother for themselves...  As are his neighbours, with varying, crazy results (some of which are so similar to dates I've had in real life, I think I might be the films muse)

Ok, as I already stated at the begining, this film was HILARIOUSLY funny, so this review is gonna be short and sweet

The 3D was excellent.  The laughs were many and varied and made for both kids AND adults.

The music was brilliant and catchy.

Watch it!

9/10

~Lone