[BLOG] League of Legends Nemesis Draft Test Goes About As Well As You Would Expect

Digmbot

[BLOG] League of Legends Nemesis Draft Test Goes About As Well As You Would Expect

Post by Digmbot »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

League of Legends is insanely popular. And like all popular games developer Riot is constantly testing out new ideas to keep the game new and fresh. Their latest brainchild is the "Nemesis Draft". This mode is a 5v5 match that takes place on the Summoner's Rift. The catch in Nemesis Draft is that instead of the normal drafting process, each team goes down the line one by one, picking Champions for the opposing team.

Naturally, this leads to some rather...interesting choices. To quote Riot:

"SO.. we’re excited to see how scheming & creative you guys are. Are we about to uncover some diamonds in the rough? Will it be, “Give them all melee champs!” or “Give them all AD so we can just build armour!”. And then the inevitable, “Ok guys. We’ve got 4 junglers and a support.. but so do they! Let’s do this.” I can’t wait. :)"

Things are not all sunshine and roses however, with players repeatedly dodging lobbies to avoid playing with a champion they don't want.  Personally, I think this is an interesting idea and hope that it makes it out of testing and onto the main LoL servers. After all, whats more fun than sticking an enemy team with all junglers and then rolling over them with tanks? Still, the LoL community doesn't seem to be to happy.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments! And, as a Smite player, let me just say that I have almost no sympathy for the LoL players upset by this. We've had a mode like this in Smite for ages now. Suck it up you scrubs.
-Digmbot