[BLOG] #Blizzcon2016: Hearthstone's next expansion is The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] #Blizzcon2016: Hearthstone's next expansion is The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

So Blizzcon has begun and with it came announcements, all quickly made during the Opening Ceremony of the event. One such announcement was that of Hearthstone's next expansion, and as was teased it does have to do with Gadgetzan, although not in the way many seemed to be expecting.

Gadgetzan is now a large neutral outpost town, and with growing population and wealth comes the growth of something else much more unsavoury - crime. The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan focuses on the three main gang families who rule the seedy underbelly of Gadgetzan; the Grimy Goons, who are enforcer-types who operate with force and protection rackets; the Jade Lotus, who keep themselves to the shadows and are stealthy assassins; and the Kabal, a group of mages and alchemists who have grouped up after having been expelled from more reputable magical organisations for questionable practices.

The new thing for this expansion is the addition of tri-class cards, cards that can be added to the decks of 3 different heroes depending on which crime family they come under. The Goons tri-class cards focus on Hunter, Paladin and Warrior; the Lotus for Rogue, Druid and Shaman; and the Kabal have Mage, Warlock and Priest. I can see these cards helping players bridge the gaps between a class they are comfortable playing and one they're not as familiar with.

With 130+ new cards coming, Blizzard have announced that The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan will be releasing some time in early December. Obviously, as with the last expansions there is an option for pre-ordering a number of packs before release.

And of course, during the announcement and the panel some of those new cards were revealed to the public. Check them out below:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Those cards with a crest underneath their mana cost are the tri-class cards I mentioned earlier. The crest shows which 'family' each card belongs to and therefore which three classes will allow you to use that card. It'll be interesting to see where they fit into the collection book. There's also one tri-class card which has an effect to craft custom spell cards - Kazakus.

Image Image

One thing's for certain, with this new expansion a lot of fun is about to be had.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!