[BLOG] Hearthstone Gadgetzan Card Reveals: Nov 20th

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Hearthstone Gadgetzan Card Reveals: Nov 20th

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Last week in my Gadgetzan new card article I theorised that Blizzard was revealing the cards one crime family at a time, and that after so much attention spent on the Grimy Goons we could soon expect to see focus shift to another of the families.

Well, I was right. An awful lot of the cards revealed this week have been focused on the Kabal classes - Mage, Warlock and Priest - which means finally Warlock has some new cards! Now the only class without any revealed is Shaman and as they are Jade Lotus we can probably expect to see a few coming in a few weeks time if not next week.

Anyway, here are the new cards revealed to us this week:

Druid

---

Mage

Image Image Image Image

---

Priest

---

Warlock

ImageImage  Image Image

---

Tri-Class

---

Neutral

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

As you can see, both Mage and Warlock got a lot of new cards this week. Priest not so much, but they've had cards come in the last few weeks and it could be that next week if still Kabal focused might be more Priest-heavy. It seems that the Mage cards are focused more on bringing mana costs down, while Warlock makes use of previous mechanics the class is known for - spells that buff Demon Minions and damaging your own Hero to gain advantage. On the non-Kabal class cards revealed, I'm interested to see just what a Jade Golem looks like.

Interestingly enough, we have two 'alternate' versions of two other Minions that have been around since Hearthstone's start. The Backstreet Leper is a slightly more costly and powerful Leper Gnome, while the Poisonous Swamp Ooze is a much tougher but more costly Acidic Swamp Ooze with a slightly less impressive ability. I can't see the Backstreet Leper being too popular as more attack doesn't really make up for the 2+ mana cost, but the Poisonous Swamp Ooze may find a place in some decks. If the downgraded Battlecry doesn't put people off. Acidic Swamp Ooze's popularity was always in it being one of the few commonly available cards that could outright destroy a weapon and just taking one Durability could be a dealbreaker for some.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!