[BLOG] Hearthstone's Mean Streets Of Gadgetzan Releases

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Hearthstone's Mean Streets Of Gadgetzan Releases

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

So after a few weeks of waiting, card reveals and information being handed out to us on the three crime families of the expansion, Hearthstone's Mean Streets of Gadgetzan has finally made its entrance to the public servers.

The release was staggered out across the different regions of the world, in a bid from Blizzard to avoid repeats of past incidents that overloaded servers from the extra load and would lead games crashing and inaccessibility - which obviously lead to a lot of negative feedback from the players. That didn't totally stop complaints though, as while NA kept the December 1st release date, other regions such as the EU servers (which are the ones the majority of the team here play on) did not get to see Gadgetzan's release until the day after.

However, this did work out a little bit in the favour of those who had to wait, as Gadgetzan's packs came with a strange bug that saw some of the tri-class cards (3 for each crime family) popping up multiple times in the same packs. I've even seen a screencap of someone getting a pack that was 4 Kabal Chemists and a Polymorph Potion...

Blizzard to their credit reacted very quickly to the reports of this bug, sending out messages publicly to people that recommended that they not open any Gadgetzan packs they had until the bug had been fixed. Any packs bought during the time the bug was active wouldn't be affected as the content of a pack are determined upon opening, instead of upon generation like a Loot Box does in Overwatch. The bug was quickly fixed within a few hours, and for those players who had opened their packs and fallen victim to the multiple tri-class bug, Blizzard gave them 33% of the packs that they had as compensation.

Gadgetzan packs should now be available in the Shop for purchase with real money or Gold; and for those who were unable to afford the pre-order 50 packs, Gadgetzan offers at least three expansion-related Daily Quests that you can complete to earn 2 packs per Quest. They're simple ones too, simply asking for you to get 3 wins with the family's preferred class (that's Hunter, Paladin, Warrior for the Grimy Goons; Rogue, Druid and Shaman for the Jade Lotus; and Warlock, Mage and Priest for the Kabal in case you need a refresher) to earn your free packs.

Gadgetzan had a pretty smooth launch in all, despite the duplicate bug and the slight delay in some regions. Some will probably say differently, but then I remember The Grand Tournament's launch being much more trouble personally. The servers were a nightmare to access for a few days after it launched.

I look forward to seeing how Gadgetzan cards affect the Standard meta, and especially if our own tournament champ Agtheo's thoughts on it will turn out true.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!