[BLOG] Sequel for Assassin's Creed film apparently already in progress

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Sequel for Assassin's Creed film apparently already in progress

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

This apparently new policy of greenlighting sequels to films that are barely out sort of confuses me. I mean, why dedicate the money to the follow-up to something you don't know will perform well. Deadpool was one (although that film did well and rightfully so) and now judging by rumours flying around there's an Assassin's Creed film sequel already under works.

Yeah, I know. We've not even had the first one yet.

The news comes from The Tracking Board who say that New Regency is "officially underway with plans" for another film and will work with Fassbender, who is doing the first one, through DMC Films to produce the sequel. The names of Jean-Julien Baronnet (Ubisoft Motion Pictures) and Frank Marshall, a big-time Hollywood producer have also been linked to the supposed project.

Of course at this point nothing is properly confirmed and as I said, we've not even had the first one out yet. There's every chance that any sequel project currently underway could be shelved if the first one doesn't do so well.

Speaking of the Assassin's Creed film that we do know is coming, that's due at the end of this year on December 21st. It'll follow Callum Lynch, a guy with assassin's memories dating back to 15th century Spain. It's not really set around any of the games, but it has been confirmed to exist in the game's expanded universe.

Either way, we've a long time to go yet to see whether or not a sequel exists or indeed if the first film will be successful.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!