[BLOG] Minecraft composer releases 0x10c music

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Minecraft composer releases 0x10c music

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

For those of you who follow Mojang a bit closer than your casual Minecraft player, you might remember that Mojang is an indie games developer. That means, even if you've got a hit on your hands and continue to support it, you still need to invest some time in developing some new properties.

Mojang or more precisely Notch was working on another game besides Minecraft. 0x10c was to be a game to follow on Minecraft's footsteps, to hopefully gain some spotlight from its older brother and gain its own slightly different audience. At least that was the plan. Development stalled some time around early 2013 and in August of that same year Notch confirmed that the game project was dead in the water. However it seems that some elements of that game had been finished.

C418, better known as the composer of the tunes you hear in Minecraft, has released two tracks through Twitter to his Bandcamp for players to listen to. They're short but they're not bad. The low bitrate sound is intentional too, as C418 wanted that to be the identifier for the game. Little music, lots of drone.

I think now is a good time to release the 0x10c music. You can pay for it if you want. https://t.co/aFfAm8qIqK

— C418 (@C418) September 15, 2014

Talking about Notch's recent departure from Mojang, C418 echoed what had been said by Notch then, adding that he couldn't have taken the strain any longer without snapping.

"Do you know that feeling that you have had a great day, but then some guy on twitter that you don't even know tells you you're the worst thing that ever happened to this planet? ... That feeling also happens with Markus, except it's amplified times two million."

He has said though that he is going to continue to work with Mojang on Minecraft for as long as possible.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!