[BLOG] Smite World Championships 2015 Preview

Digmbot

[BLOG] Smite World Championships 2015 Preview

Post by Digmbot »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Its been a long road, but the 2015 Smite World Championships are finally upon us. January 9-11, eight teams from around the world will gather in Atlanta, GA to compete for over $2 million in prize money. This tournament is the culmination of the Smite Pro League competitions and wild card matches, leading up to this massive event. Theres a lot to take in this weekend, but fear not. We've got your one stop guide to the SWC right here! Read on for schedules, teams, brackets and more.

The Format

SWC will start with the Placement Stage on Friday, January 9th. Teams will face off in a Best of One format with the winners advancing on to the Semi-Finals. The losers of these matches will compete in wildcard matches, with the two winners advancing to the Quarter-Finals. The Quarter-Finals will be a Best of Three format, with the winners of the Wildcard facing the losers of the Round Three placement matches. Once these matches are decided the Best of Three Semi-Finals will narrow it down to the two teams that will compete in a Best of Five Grand Finals. The losers of the Semi Finals will compete in a Best of Three Consolation Match.

If this all sounds horribly complicated, check out the handy bracket below:

The Teams

Hailing from all across the world, the teams of the Smite World Championship are diverse and unique in terms of play style. They hail from North America, Europe, China, Latin America and Brazil.

North America

Cognitive Red [COGR]:

DAGARZ- Jungle

SNOOPY- Hunter

EONIC- Support

DIVIOS- Solo

THEBOOSH- Mid

Cognitive Prime [COG]:

ANDISTER- Jungle

BARRACUUDDA- Hunter

JEFFHINDLA- Support

OMEGATRON- Solo

MLCST3ALTH- Mid

Europe

Titan [TITAN]:

REPITAS- Jungle

ATARAXIA-Hunter

KANYELIFE- Support

CONFREY- Solo

PRETTYPRIME- Mid

SK Gaming [SK]:

ZYHROES -Jungle

REALZX- Hunter

BADGAH- Support

MANIAKK- Solo

CAPTAINTWIG- Mid

China

Oh My God [OMG]:

NIFENG- Jungle

NEVER.ANS- Hunter

FIGHTINGJ- Support

ENJING- Solo

MINGZHIYU- Mid

Latin America & Brazil

Name Not Found [404]:

HUASO- Jungle

OXILEDEON- Hunter

ZETHSU- Support

BARBARROJA- Solo

NICERCHILE- Mid

We Love Bacon [WL8]:

NANN- Jungle

QE3Q- Hunter

FIREMANCERSKULL- Support

OREITROLL- Solo

AIMLESS- Mid

How Do I Watch?

If you don't have a ticket to go see all the action in person, you can hop on over to http://www.twitch.tv/smitegame . The entire championship will be live streamed, and there are a few goodies for those of you that would like to buy the Digital Pass. Priced at $24.99 splurging on a digital pass will net you the 2015 Tyr Convention skin, the SWC Ares God Skin, the SWC Ward Skin, access to the subscriber only chat and exclusive Twitch chat emotes. If you don't want to drop the cash, never fear, all the live content will still be available to you free of charge.

The complete live schedule can be found HERE.

Teams To Watch

Cognitive Red and Cognitive Prime were powerhouses of the Smite Pro League in 2014, and will almost certainly put on a show at SWC. Coming out of Europe SK Gaming will be a definite contender. The Chinese and Latin American teams are less of a known quantity, but my money is on OMG and We Love Bacon.

Coming off of the Cog Teams, be sure to keep an on Andister from Cog Prime and look for Snoopy to make big plays as the Hunter for Cog Red. In my opinion, SK is more of a team fight...team. Look for the rotations and group engagements as they attempt to press the map.  As for China and Latin America, I for one plan on just sitting back and learning about teams that I've seen relatively little of up until this point.

For everything SWC, stay in your comfy padded cell here on Sanitarium.fm
-Digmbot