[BLOG] The Chunder Are Coming! (WFTO Patch 0.3.2 Update Preview)

Digmbot

[BLOG] The Chunder Are Coming! (WFTO Patch 0.3.2 Update Preview)

Post by Digmbot »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

“A Chunder has entered your dungeon!” Eagerly, I scroll over to my dungeon’s portal and watch the somewhat portly monster waddle off in search of new living quarters. It's then that I realize I’ve lost the last hour of my life to the spell of War For The Overworld.

Pressing concerns like lunch and the wrath of my wife loom large in my mind.

For all of about five seconds...

Then, it's right back to building my masterfully planned hero deathtrap.

Such is the magic of the spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper. The anti RTS, a game that tasks you with being the evil overlord and ruthlessly crushing any do-gooder that dares enter your twisted lair. All while revelling in the sheer pleasure of being evil.

Dropping today, the team over at Subterranean games have given us a rather substantial patch for the Bedrock Beta of this wonderful game. Among the stand outs from the patch notes:

• Spell: Recall- Benevolent Underlords may now rescue their foolish minions from outside their own dominion.
  • Units will now work more reliably
  • Units will now need to sleep less often
  • Units will now need to eat more often
  • Units that spawn will now far more accurately reflect the rooms that you have in your Dungeon
  • New death and idle visual effects for some units

And a whole host more, including other visual updates, texture and bug fixes. All in all, it adds up to a rather nice chunk of work from the guys over at Subterranean. Some of these seemingly minor tweaks and fixes actually have a significant impact on the way you play the game. The new tweaks to hunger, units also get hungrier faster when fighting, force you to make sure you have enough slaughter pens to feed your slavering army.

And the game plays fantastically. The Recall spell in particular is a nice new tool for saving those foolish imps that think it's a good idea to claim enemy dungeon space while a towering behemoth of a hero is flailing at them with an axe bigger than they are. While the game may still be in beta, it’s looking more and more polished all the time. I would encourage you to go jump into the beta right now, but honestly if you haven’t, you need to check your pulse.

You can also check out War For The Overworld here: https://wftogame.com/

And follow them on Facebook and Twitter

War for the Overworld is currently available to buy on STEAM here
-Digmbot