[BLOG] Spencer talks about bringing 360 games to PC as well as Xbone

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Spencer talks about bringing 360 games to PC as well as Xbone

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Announcing backwards compatibility was always going to be a good move for Microsoft and the Xbox One. Being able to play the last console's games on the current-gen console keep players happy and makes them more likely to get your latest piece of hardware. Now Microsoft's Phil Spencer has put forward the idea that he'd like to get 360 games working on PC as well.

Speaking with Gizmodo Brazil, Spencer said "[Xbox games on Xbox One is] something I want to do, but it is a matter of priority. I would love to have the ability to play Xbox 360 on PC at some point too, so we have different things we have to think about when we plan these things. But it would be great to have support for original Xbox games. So yes, I want it, but we have many other things we want to do as well."

This would mean that disced 360 games would work on your gaming rig, as well as digital editions possibly being made available for download too. Given that Microsoft were all about integration of PC and console with Windows 10, this doesn't surprise me too much.

At the very least, if it does happen there'll be quite a few very happy gamers.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!