[BLOG] Buggy PS4 game to be remade from ground-up

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Buggy PS4 game to be remade from ground-up

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Bad games happen. We know this as gamers. Be it because of poor story, badly or force-together elements that make no sense or just poor gameplay mechanics, some games can be unplayable. More recently though with the advent of Early Access and the pitfalls that come with it, games can be released that are just plain broken. Usually the people who buy these games either get refunded or just cut their losses. However, the developers of one PS4 game widely reviewed as buggy and broken have told their customers that not only are they sorry for how the game turned out, that instead of calling it quits or just releasing a patch they are going to start to remake the game from the bottom upwards. That's right, they're literally starting from scratch.

The game in question is called Basement Crawl, a Bomberman-esque horror game. It also has the dubious honour of having a lower overall review score than other bad games such as Duke Nukem Forever. In an interview, Bloober Team's Marc Colhoun apologised to all those who had played the game and been let down.

"The game was a mess for both you and us." he said, acknowledging that people had been waiting for them to fix the game. "Rather than... issuing a patch... we have decided to just come out and explain to you where we are right now and what we plan to do. We have been rebuilding the game, completely from scratch and on a new engine." adding that amongst other things they hope to improve the AI and add new game types.

The new version of the game will be given free to those who already have the first, buggy version of the game. No ETA was given for when they could hope to see the new version out on Playstation Network though, so it remains to be seen whether the developers can actually make this right. For the sake of the people who bought the game, I hope that they will.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!