[BLOG] Combo Crew: SHORYUKEN!! Play For Free

poultergeist0

[BLOG] Combo Crew: SHORYUKEN!! Play For Free

Post by poultergeist0 »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Combo Crew the latest Mobile game from The Game Bakers, has you punching goons in the face to string together massive Combos (Who’d have guessed) and work your way through the levels of Mr.Boss’ Tower.

You begin controlling two fighters Gina and Parker, with the opportunity to unlock two more Dolph and Sammo each with their own unique combos to smash their enemy’s teeth in. But just look at the app tile for a sec:

That … That’s Ryu from street fighter does that mean?

YES!

Yes you can play as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Blanka.

Hell, you can even Play as Viewtiful Joe, each with their own combos and original move sets (providing you pay 69p each) …

Wait what was that?

*cough* providing you pay 69p per character. To be honest the main reason I even picked up this game was to maul people to death with the Electrifying Orange Haired Brazilian, but to not even give me the option to work hard and grind points to unlock him is obscured. I understand that it’s a free game but a lot of Freemium titles at least give you the option to earn extras.

But that aside Combo Crew turned out to be incredibly fun, the adrenalin rush from frantically building up your combo meter just knowing that one slip will not only make your multiplier drop but also your super meter as well as potentially fail the level in the later stages will have you in a cold sweat rubbing your fingers raw just trying to keep it going.

Each character also showcases a variety of special moves be it a Juggle Combo for air attacks or a block breaking Heavy Combo, even a screen clearing HADOUKEN!!! All of which will help you build up your meter and unleash a Fruit ninja style Super Combo where you frantically try and chop as many enemies as possible to seriously beef up your combo multiplier.

The music compliments the gameplay perfectly using Double Dragon esc fast passed Chinese music that makes you really want to pound some face, this music only becomes more intense the higher you climb in the tower.

As for story it’s brief, but then as a mobile title it’s hardly going to be Deus Ex basically “In a world where a fist to the face is a perfectly viable solution, Mr. Boss has it all. Now he wants to break the greatest fighters ever! Trapped in his giant tower, you must fight your way to the top to take him down!” (Direct quote form the opening cut scene right there) and basically that’s just it you need to kick some arse and prove your skill to Mr.Boss.

Overall Combo crew is a fun and addictive mobile title, but it does loses its appeal quickly, I suggest playing it in small bursts (probably whilst Pooping) and play it on a Tablet rather than a phone because no human has figures small enough to accurately chain combos on a screen that small, you will accidentally throw your phone across the bathroom if you get to into it.

As a free game it’s definitely worth a download, I honestly wouldn’t suggest downloading the Capcom characters unless you really want to. They don’t alter gameplay in any major way, they just add to the coolness factor. One thing I forgot to mention is the option to literally buy your way to the final boss, why anyone would do this baffles me, if you want to finish the game that quickly don’t get it in the first place.

Combo Crew gets my:

HADOOOOOOOOOKEN!!! Out of 10