[BLOG] US Won't Be Getting Halo Wars 2 Physical Editions Anymore

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] US Won't Be Getting Halo Wars 2 Physical Editions Anymore

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

If you were hoping to get your hands on Halo Wars 2 physically and live in the States, I've some bad news. Microsoft have officially cancelled the production of the physical edition of the game in the US - although digital copies will still be available.

Speaking to Halo Waypoint, 343's community manager Brian Jarrard said "Our retail plans have shifted and Microsoft has made the decision to focus the release of the physical retail version to Europe only. We apologise to any customers affected by the change in our retail plans, and thank everyone for the continued support as we look forward to the release of Halo Wars 2 for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC."

Originally THQ Nordic was supposed to be responsible for the physical edition as they did with Microsoft for both Quantum Break and Ori and the Blind Forest's physical editions, but now it seems plans have changed it seems. If you want a physical copy now, you'll have to get one imported from Europe or elsewhere. The Windows Store will still have digital copies available globally though of course.

Halo Wars 2 will release on February 21st, and will be a Play Anywhere title, so if you buy for Windows 10 you can still play it on your Xbox One and vice-versa.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!