[BLOG] Prey Contains Replication Glitch

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Prey Contains Replication Glitch

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Well, Digmbot predicted that there might be reasons why there was no PC demo for Prey and already a fairly game-breaking bug has been discovered and abused in the game. It's not one that most players will really mind though.

Prey has only just been released, and the glitch allows players to basically duplicate resources over and over giving them a virtually unlimited supply of crafting resources. The glitch makes use of the in-game material recyclers to reproduce the items placed within many times over.

To reach those recyclers, a player only has to progress around an hour into the game and upon reaching the main character Morgan Yu's office you will gain access to the material recycler, or at least it will become useable. You then fill the recycler with already recycled items and by then dividing it into at least four piles of things, you can effectively copy everything.

It probably won't be there for long though, so get in while the getting's good. Or you know, just don't cheat. But as someone who abused a similar glitch way back in the early Pokemon days, who I am to tell you not to use this one?
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!