[BLOG] Blizzard offer 5 extra subscription days to WoW players

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Blizzard offer 5 extra subscription days to WoW players

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

To say that the launch of Warlords of Draenor did not go as Blizzard had planned is putting it lightly. The return of more players than had been estimated led to server overcrowding, hour-long queues and problems were further irritated by a DDOS attack that led to players being kicked out of servers only to be sent back to the end of the same long queues. Although it's still not quite perfect, the situation is now better thanks to higher server caps and implementation of phasing technology to create more than one instance of Draenor at a time.

Now Executive Producer J. Allen Brack is hoping to go some way to making up for the launch's problems by offering an extra five days worth of subscriptions for everyone who had one that was active as of November 14th.

"I know how much everyone was looking forward to this expansion... all the comments I've seen indicate that this is one of our best yet... But the quality of the content does not excuse the subpar launch experience we delivered... The support voiced by many of you as we worked through the challenges was immensely appreciated"

There were still some server issues even as recently as earlier today, DDOSing still going on and having an effect even on some of Blizzard's other games such as Hearthstone. The worst however seems past.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!