[BLOG] Mojang announce next Minecon will be in 2015; could be in London

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Mojang announce next Minecon will be in 2015; could be in London

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Well this is an announcement that's brought a smile to a great many faces around the UK.

Mojang posted today on their site that because a great many people had been asking why there had been no details for Minecon posted up yet when Minecon 2013 had already been announced this time last year; they wished to give some more concrete details of their plans. Vu Bui wrote that the next event wouldn't be until sometime in 2015, as much as Mojang would love to run the event every year this time they were moving it back to give more time for them to give it the attention needed.

What stuck out for most though was that Vu said he was aiming to schedule Minecon 2015 for a spring date. And in London.

For the past few years many British Minecraft players, myself included, have pleaded with Mojang for a Minecon that was to be set in Britain, where many prominent Minecrafting Youtubers were based. Petitions were even set up by some to see if focusing the cry would work. And it seems that Mojang have decided to listen to the players.

I'm already trying to guess what venue they'll take it to.

Mojang blog post "Minecon 2015": [x]
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!