[BLOG]: Movie Review: Ted

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG]: Movie Review: Ted

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
As the result of a childhood wish, John Bennett's teddy bear, Ted, came to life and has been by John's side ever since - a friendship that's tested when Lori, John's girlfriend of four years, wants more from their relationship.

Ok, one quick thing about this, if you hate family Guy, you will hate this... But fuck that, this film is fucking GOLD!

The film starts with a hilarious intro from Patrick Stewart, yes, Captain Picard has become a regular on American Dad and does the narration for the film and seriously, Picard swearing still makes me laugh my arse off, i dunno why, maybe its the shakespearian actor voice over

As I said above, this film is typical Seth MacFarlane fair, crude fart jokes, guys being 13 year olds trapped in mens bodies (which we all are) and of course, Flash Gordon himself, Sam J. Jones

Ted, Voiced by Seth McFarlane is comedy gold and Mark Wahlberg does a genius job of of being the little kid that never really grew up after his teddy bear came to life from a christmas wish in 1985! 27 years later and John and Ted live with Lori (Mila Kunis, gorgeous as always) and are pretty much fuck up stoners... Obviously after four years this causes trouble in John's relationship with Lori and after John, Ted and Flash Gordon get drunk, do coke and fight the asian dude next door with a goose, Lori kicks John out!

All this time, a creepy dude (Giovanni Ribisi) who's stalked Ted since he was a kid and ted was a celebraty on TV, kidnaps Ted for his own kid to keep and John and Lori have to go rescue him...

Anyway, story aside, this film is awesome! I laughed so hard I have a stitch an hour after I got home from the cinema and I'm still giggling as I write this

Cos of that alone, I have to give this a 10 outta 10, it was utter genius and the cameos are awesome (especially a certain Green Lantern)

10 outta 10

~Lonesamurai