[BLOG] Eurogamer 2013: Project Godus - #EGX

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG] Eurogamer 2013: Project Godus - #EGX

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
GODUS empowers you in the role of a god, allowing you to sculpt every inch of a beautiful world that you look down upon, on which a population of Followers settle and multiply. As you mould every aspect of your unique utopia, a civilisation will blossom across your land and offer you their belief. The more Followers that believe in you, the more powerful you will become.

Whilst you are free to lose yourself in this tranquil experience, other gods reign outside of the ever-expanding reach of your influence. If you so wish, you may challenge other gods and their civilisations to epic multiplayer battles that involve hundreds of Followers fighting in your name whilst you cast devastating god powers from the skies above. As you conquer more lands, your powers will grow allowing you to nurture the advancement of your own Followers.

Obviously GODUS was the release from Peter Molyneux's Curiosity experiment earlier this year (a mobile "game", where you chipped away at a maHOOsive block with other gamers and the final block being removed gave the person that did it some control over GODUS when it releases)

Now GODUS has ALREADY been up on STEAM since the 13th Sept on the Early access system, so this won't be much of a preview, as its already out, technically, however, Early access games are essentially open beta's at a cheaper price (sometimes... *cough*Planetary Annihilation*cough*), in this instance, £15. But when you buy the GODUS Beta in Early Access (available 13th September, 2013), you will get any subsequent updates plus the finished game completely free. So yeah, you can play now, bugs and all

Now from the game play they showed on stage, there are a few important things to talk about, firstly the god controls, this is a typical RTS, put a way point for your people and dependant on the place you put it, depends what they will do, build a village, attack enemies, etc etc

The difference here is, as a god, you can actually remould the terrain, meaning you can give your followers an advantage and the enemy obstacles, of course there are also other things, like the meteor shower, that looks fun, but what most people will probably do, is enjoy using the finger of god to swash enemy towns and villagers or even fling them across the map.  Seriously, I just bought the game myself to squish people with my God Finger :D

One of the other items they showed in the dev chat was how quickly they can change aspects of the game based on player data, it's all in a basic spreadsheet D:

Also, evolution, when a red head appears, do you let him stay in your village to add red heads to the population, or kill him straight away to keep the population ginger free?    hmm...   decisions, decision...

I'm very interested in this, so I'll leave it at at and go play it :D   you should too!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/232810