[BLOG] Minecraft: The Movie gets release date of 2019

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Minecraft: The Movie gets release date of 2019

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Video game movies seem to be everywhere right now, with game series such as Assassin's Creed and Five Nights At Freddy's having rumoured projects in the works and in the case of the former, a lot of hype beginning to build around a film coming soon to cinemas. Minecraft is another such game to have a project attached, and now we have a speculative release date for it.

Minecraft: The Movie will release on May 24th... 2019.

The official Mojang announcement on the date says, "Yes, that might seem like a long time away, but it just so happens to be the right amount of time to make it completely awesome. And we all want an awesome Minecraft movie, right?"

Yes, that would be nice. Video game movie adaptions don't exactly have a great reputation - they're usually terrible and only few ever manage to beat that. Given Minecraft's open-world, sandbox nature god knows what sort of a story they're going to pull from it; but open world does mean a lot of possibilities as well so I guess we'll wait and see.

People attached to the project so far include the LEGO Movie producer Roy Lee doing the production with his Vertigo Entertainment production compnay as well as Jill Messick also helping with production. Other than that, details are still sparse.

Well, at least we've some idea now of when we can expect to start seeing actual news about the film. Right?
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!