[BLOG]: Movie Review: Chronicle

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG]: Movie Review: Chronicle

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
Three high school friends gain superpowers after making an incredible discovery. Soon, though, they find their lives spinning out of control and their bond tested as they embrace their darker sides.

Now THIS, you have to see

If you liked films like Cloverfield, you will love ths film

This is all about teenage angst, family problems and lack of money and the corruption power can manifest (lots of metiphors in this film)

Hell if this was a Marvel film, I would expect Spidey to come swinging in reminding kids that, "With great power comes great responsibility" and its true

Three teenage guys find an alien artifact (which is convieniently left out there in the plot and never cleaned up and I am actually happy about it) in a sink hole in the ground. The object makes a strange noise and gives them all a nose bleed and then throws them out of the hole and collapses the sink hole. The three then start manifesting telekenysis and other cool superhero powers, however, things go bad when one of the three, played by the very cool Dane DeHaan starts considering himself an apex predator and basically shit hits the fan

Considering this is 90% filmed from one of the main characters handycam (which he floats round him like a worker bee) it gives an extra dimension to his power AND I'm sure made the cinematography a LOT easier to film :D BUT, it gives you a good look into not only his life (including his abuse from his drunk dad and also the anguish of his mother dying from cancer or similar), but also the small time where life is good, he's enjoying not only his power and the confidence it gives him, but also the fun of being accepted (although it is short lived)

This is a great film and will definitely be gracing my dvd/bluray collection

a cool 7.5 outta 10! Buy it, we want a sequel!
Utopian_Pigeon

Re: [BLOG]: Movie Review: Chronicle

Post by Utopian_Pigeon »

What would the sequel contain though? I mean answers to the whole alien artifact but there isn't much story to continue at the end. Fantastic movie, I cried manly girl tears at quite a few points and really wish I was telekinetic.
CrimsonShade
He's Technically Motivated

Re: [BLOG]: Movie Review: Chronicle

Post by CrimsonShade »

You just gave me an idea for a new topic...