[BLOG]: Movie Review: The Bourne Legacy

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG]: Movie Review: The Bourne Legacy

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
An expansion of the universe from Robert Ludlum's novels, centered on a new hero whose stakes have been triggered by the events of the previous three films.

This film starts out awesomely, but made me feel bloody cold (maybe not helped by the soaking I got on the way to the cinema) straight off the bat, as we start in a frozen waterfall creek in Alaska with Aaron Cross (Jeremy Renner) training and on a scavenger hunt training.

We're very quickly introduced to the new program Aaron is part of, a couple of steps up from the Treadstone Program that Jason Bourne took down and made public in the other films and this time, its a drug helped super soldier program and damn, if those pills were real, I'd take them each day! Might even be worth selling my soul to the government for too (although the training looks bloody cold and being hunted by wolves must suck)

We're soon introduced to one of the lab workers that does the soldiers work ups every three months, Dr. Marta Shearing (Rachel Weisz) and how her life goes to hell as one of her coworkers turns terminator and kills all the other doctors on the program, she finds herself back at home, tieing up some loose ends and about to go get a flight to her sisters in Montreal, when FBI and a doctor come to check up on her and turn out to be a government team to silence her, Aaron saves her and they make a break for it

Bourne Legacy is typical Bourne without Jason Bourne himself (although this is mostly carrying on during the events of the seconed Bourne film and the start of the third, even including big scenes from Bourne 2, which was pretty cool

Some have said its a little slow, but actually, thats one of the films strengths, its methodical, fight scenes are short and sweet takedowns rather than long drawn out encounters and the final chase is compelling to watch (why do Bike chases come across better nowadays than car chases?)

A great film and for fans of the Bourne trilogy a must see, especially as its the start of more in the series, so thats awesome!

a solid film through out 8 outta 10

~Lonesamurai