[BLOG]: Movie Review: The Expendables 2

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG]: Movie Review: The Expendables 2

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
Mr. Church reunites the Expendables for what should be an easy paycheck, but when one of their men is murdered on the job, their quest for revenge puts them deep in enemy territory and up against an unexpected threat.

Now, anyone coming to this website will already know what this film is all about, so too hell with the synopsis and down to the nitty gritty, this film is awesome, but not cos its excellently written and acted, mainly because its not

This is a modern take on just how cheesy those 80's action flicks were, corny one liners, 80's film jokes and action hero one upmanship. The one thing I was surprised about is there is a LOT of dialogue in this one compared to the first, there is a full blown story going on, yes there was in the first, BUT it was more about the action, whereas this one the action is lead by the story and is actually MORE awesome for it too

yeah yeah, its full of the great 80's action stars, but its the newer recruits (and I include Jason Statham in that point) and I'm actually surprised how much I liked Liam Hemsworth's character Billy. Considering how much he has been in, compared to his older brother, Thor himself (Chris Hemsworth) he is relatively unknown

Jean-Claude Van Damme plays the token 80's bad guy (Vilain, lame 80's style baddy name) and does a great ham up on the bad guy roll too, but personally I would have preffered him be a good guy and join the team, but hey, the good guys had Chuck Norris, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the team up this time, so hey, can get over not seeing JCVD again in the next one

Other new face Maggie (Nan Yu) adds a bit of female quota to the screen and has a fun sadistic streak too and humanises the team too. If you liked the first film, you will love this one too

Easy 8 outta 10, just cos of pure awesomeness

~Lonesamurai