[BLOG] Killzone: A Helghasty Adventure is announced (as a joke)

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Killzone: A Helghasty Adventure is announced (as a joke)

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Sometimes the good April Fools Day jokes have a slightly longer setup time than average.

A few days ago, Killzone.com had an article uploaded with pictures of what looked like posters for a supposed Killzone movie that was due to be made and released at the end of the year: Killzone: A Helghasty Adventure. With a trailer to release on April the 1st.

The announcement of the movie lists the story as being set after the Helghast settle on the planet Vekta and follows “the adventures of Ghoran - an Insurgent who has to prevent Kellan from stopping the war, and Halla his rogue Vektan accomplice.” It also lists the two main stars as “Johnny Dep and Helena Bonam Carter” with the director being “Tim Burtun”. Parts of the article also suggest that it would be an animated or claymotion feature, similar to the real Burton's films in the past.

Comments on the site show that most people have realised this isn't a real thing but the fact that it was announced on the 29th of March seems to have caught a few people out, with one or two in the middle about whether this is or isn't a joke. Some have even begun to discuss who they would like to see direct and star in a Killzone movie, which I suppose Guerilla Games could take as some sort of feedback in case they were ever planning on making a real one.

Either way, that poster is well-done. Kudos to the artist for capturing that Burton-esque feel.

Announcement post is here.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!