[BLOG] Nintendo Direct 5th November 2014: Majora's Mask 3D Announced for Spring 2015!

CrimsonShade
He's Technically Motivated

[BLOG] Nintendo Direct 5th November 2014: Majora's Mask 3D Announced for Spring 2015!

Post by CrimsonShade »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

When Nintendo revealed the plan to remake the original Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, many people thought it was a dream come true - and when the game came out, it certainly was. Link and Epona in stereoscopic 3D for the first time? Framerates improved to 30FPS instead of the slow 20FPS of the original N64 release? Touchscreen inventory management? The Water Temple fixed? Needless to say, Ocarina of Time 3D was a game that quickly hit people's top 10 lists.

Following the success of Ocarina 3D, Nintendo caused even more excitement by announcing that they were considering using the same engine to bring other classic Zelda titles to the 3DS with improved gameplay and the modern, stereoscopic 3D graphics. To most Nintendo fans, there was only one real choice to improve this way that would instantly cause all Zelda fans to worship Nintendo as their god: Majora's Mask.

Well, hardened Zelda fans - start bowing to the altar of Nintendo. Announced during a Nintendo Direct earlier today, it's official: The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask is getting a 3DS remake, due for release in Spring 2015. The two-minute Trailer includes a variety of gameplay clips which, while revealing little in terms of the technological upgrades we can expect, give a good tease as to some of the events of the game - as well as acting as a great reminder for just how creepy Majora's Mask really was. While I go and try to stop myself getting nightmares and remember why I never played the game back in the N64 era (actually, I never had an N64 so I couldn't have anyway - sue me), those of you who are already salivating from reading the above can hit up the trailer below: