[BLOG] Windows Preview owners will be allowed to upgrade

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Windows Preview owners will be allowed to upgrade

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Windows 10 has been a fairly popular topic of discussion for the last year or so, mainly down to the fact that Microsoft seem to be pushing its advantages to all and sundry. One of the biggest points to entice users has been the free upgrade to Windows 10 if you own windows 7 or Windows 8.1 already.

But what about the rest? Well now there's a way for you to get a free update too, and it's been promoted by Microsoft themselves.

A post on Microsoft's windows Blog detailed the way how, which involves downloading and installing the Windows 10 Preview Build and registering it to your Microsoft account so you can get the upgrade.

“Windows Insiders running the Windows 10 Insider Preview (Home and Pro editions) with their registered MSA connected to their PC will receive the final release build of Windows 10 starting on July 29th. This will come as just another flight. I've gotten a lot of questions from Windows Insiders about how this will work if they clean installed from ISO. As long as you are running an Insider Preview build and connected with the MSA you used to register, you will receive the Windows 10 final release build and remain activated. Once you have successfully installed this build and activated, you will also be able to clean install on that PC from final media if you want to start over fresh.”

This does of course mean that you also need to sign up to the Windows Insider program, but it's up to you whether you think that is a price too steep for the free OS.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!