[BLOG] Pokemon Comes to Real Life... POKEMON GO!!!

Scarlet_Dragon

[BLOG] Pokemon Comes to Real Life... POKEMON GO!!!

Post by Scarlet_Dragon »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Who remember their first game of pokemon? Whether it was on the grainy black and white screen of the classic Gameboy, or in colourful 3D on the N64, pokemon is close to a lot of gamer’s hearts. I mean, who wouldn’t want to live in a world inhabited by strange and wonderful creatures, that can be tamed and used to battle your friends? Well now you can!

A new phone app allows you to search out pokemon in your local areas, and with the use of a pokeball watch, capture and battle them with people around you.

Geo-caching is not a new phenomenon. It’s a simple premise where you are given map co-ordinates and go treasure-hunting. This sort of real-world application is always open to abuse; some people may remove the treasure, or you might not live in a place where a treasure hunt has been initiated.

With #PokemonGO Plus, Trainers can play Pokémon without looking at their smartphone! pic.twitter.com/0rhN6xoDb3
— Pokémon (@Pokemon) September 10, 2015

Pokemon Go eliminates all these problems by making everything digital. Your pokemon are available in cyberspace, located over physical co-ordinates. Although details are scarce on release dates and game mechanics, I for one have never been more excited to wander round my town and collect ‘em all.