[BLOG] Review: Zombie Vikings

Kawaii Lis

[BLOG] Review: Zombie Vikings

Post by Kawaii Lis »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

If you are a fan of the good old 2D side-scrolling hack and slash arcade games, this game is definitely for you. Zombie Vikings is a quirky and visually stunning multiplayer game that will have you hooked with the story right from the beginning.

The storyline for Zombie Vikings is based on the gods from Norse mythology. The story begins with Loki stealing Odin’s good eye which contains magical powers. In order for Odin to retrieve his eye he raises four Vikings from their graves and sends them after Loki. It seems like quite a basic storyline but with other characters added in throughout the levels and also a twist to the plot you won’t want to put your controller down.

The voice acting for the game is really well done as the voices truly match the characters adding to the humour of the game. The music for the game is very quirky and upbeat and really fits the style of the game. My personal favourite piece is when you pause the game - lounge style music plays while someone starts singing the word “pause” to you. Such a nice tough to the game, although it did make me want to keep it on pause for a while.

The gameplay can get quite repetitive, however side missions and boss battles help to break this up. When you complete the side missions in the game you receive new weapons, however if you are playing multiplayer you will need to fight to the death to receive it for free,  otherwise you will need to use in game coins to buy the weapon. Although the game can be played with one player it is more fun and easier when you play it as a multiplayer game. There are also parts in the game where the players can use a move called zombosis that joins the characters together creating a giant more powerful zombie which all players control. There are certain levels in the game where you need to have someone playing as a specific character as it is about their backstory. This can be a bit annoying if you are playing by yourself and have gotten used to a different character however, if you are playing the game with four people this isn’t much of an issue.

There were a few issues with the game when it was first released as there were some frame rate issues and quite a few glitches; one for myself being I got stuck in a wall. However the team at Zoink games were quick to fix the issues by releasing updates. Let’s remember it is easy to review a game but not so easy to make one and occasionally mistakes can happen so don’t let these sorts of things put you off playing games!

Overall the game had me hooked with the humour and storyline. I also adore the artwork.

So ima give this game  7.5/10

Check out the trailer: