[BLOG]: DvD review: Superman vs. The Elite

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG]: DvD review: Superman vs. The Elite

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
The Man of Steel finds himself outshone by a new team of ruthless superheroes who hold his idealism in contempt.

Ok, this was a fantastic Superman adventure. But with a twist, Superman, being bought upto date with current events and tensions that effect us all on a daily basis int eh really real world and the speed that peoples opinions can shift

Superman is Superman, we all know he would lay his life ont he line to save even those that don't deserve saving, BUT, what if the people cry out for blood, even from him? What if a new group of "super heroes" on the scene are willing to take the next step and kill those that, at first break the law, but then go too far... How far can Superman be pushed, how much can he take and will he survive?

George Newbern reprises as voice talent for Superman From Superman/Batman and does a great job of an old school Superman, doubting his place in a modern world. Pauley Perrette (the only reason I watch NCIS anymore) voices Lois Lane and is fantastic, a brilliant juxtaposition to Supermans old school, out of touch nature and shows she wears the trousers in this relationship, even if Superman wears the tights and cape (I can't believe I put it that way... so corny)

Unlike the Prometheus review, no spoilers here, so watch it!

Superman vs. The Elite is out June 12, 2012 on DvD/Blu-Ray double pack

9 outta 10 guys, grab it!