[BLOG]: Movie Review: The Amazing Spider-Man

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG]: Movie Review: The Amazing Spider-Man

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
Peter Parker finds a clue that might help him understand why his parents disappeared when he was young. His path puts him on a collision course with Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner.

Ok, it's no Avengers and it's gonna get a knocking in two weeks when Batman releases world wide, so it won't reach Avengers level of takings, BUTm bloody good

Now, everyone knows since my Hunger Games review (what do you mean you didn't read it?!? http://www.sanitarium.fm/archives/684) reading my reviews I review partially on how a film makes me feel when I come out of it... Now Avengers made me feel like I could be an Avenger myself, it made me feel positive that I could be a hero when I grow up (yeah like that'll happen), BUT, Spiderman was JUST a great movie, really great, BUT it wasn;t an avengers film, it didn;t give me that great fizz

Maybe this isn't helped by the Tobey Maguire trilogy only being a few years back (yeah yeah, even the crappy third one with rubbish venom), but I did prefer the cast of this one for sure. Andrew Garfield does a great job as Spiderman and his relationship with Gwen Stacy, played by his real life girlfriend (lucky bastard) Emma Stone is a genuinely fun thing to watch.

Denis Leary playing Captain Stacy is awesome and some of his stand up helps him make a great police captain aswell, on stage he is rough, ready and hilarious, and here he is too in places and you genuinely like the character too...

The stand out performances come from Rhys Ifans as Doctor Curt Connors, Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Sally Field as Aunt May, you actually start to care about these characters, especially Aunt may, one of the characters that seemed to come off badly in the last trilogy, especially with the comics and more recent TV cartoon versions of spiderman portraying Aunt May as less the sweet old lady and more the strong confident mother figure, hell, some even see the current Aunt May as Marvels answer to Alfred, Batmans butler, happy enough to look after Bruce Wayne and serve the food and stitch up the bat costume as much as pull a shotgun on trespassers

Anyway, I did love this film, but the lack of fizz means it can't rate up with Avengers, so it can't make a 9, it'll have to stick with a respectable 8 outta 10

Go see it guys!

~Lonesamurai