[BLOG] Playdead Teases Next Game With Image

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Playdead Teases Next Game With Image

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

If you loved Limbo from Playdead and their more recent game, Inside I've got some good news for you. Seems the studio are already working on yet another game, with similar atmospheric vibes:

Thanks for your warm reception of INSIDE. Since release, Playdead founder Arnt Jensen and the team have been working on the next adventure. pic.twitter.com/RfejnH39mR
— Playdead (@Playdead) January 20, 2017

As you can see, it looks more spacey than the last two games. You also don't seem to be playing as a child, although who knows what the person looks like under what seems to be a spacesuit. All I'm saying is, don't totally rule out another game where you play as a child who suffers from a great many painful deaths as you play.

So far, this image is all we have for this new project. There's no name, story or anything else attached to it yet, nor will there be probably for a little while. However from the image alone we can speculate that it will have a similar atmosphere to the last two games, possibly tying into them in some slight way. Even if they don't, there's bound to be some element of the creepiness factor to it.

Keep your eyes and ears open for more details, and we'll tell you when we know more too.

Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!