[BLOG] Wildstar Gets Creepy With The Strain Ultradrop

All MMO's, P2P and F2P... As MMO's get more interest and we have shows dedicated to them, or lots of news posts, we will add new sections dedicated to them
Digmbot

[BLOG] Wildstar Gets Creepy With The Strain Ultradrop

Post by Digmbot »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

The first major event for Wildstar is coming up in early July, and it looks to be rather interesting. Wildstar already has a rather tongue in cheek sense of humor built in, and the Strain looks to push that even further. According to Carbine:

"Born in the depths of a mysterious Eldan laboratory, the Strain is a virulent biological anomaly that has begun to spread across planet Nexus. With the power to change lifeforms into terrifying, mutated abominations, the Strain is an unimaginably dangerous threat.

All efforts to fight this nightmarish plague have met with failure. It is only a matter of time before it destroys all life on Nexus and beyond.

Who created the Strain, and for what purpose? Does it have anything to do with what happened to the Eldan? And can the universe be saved, or is already too late?"

If this wasn't enough to get you excited, then the promise of shiny new loot and even more housing options certainly should be. Want to put a lab of biological horrors next to your humble abode? You can do that now. Giant purple eyeballs on tentacles? Check. How about a sarlacc like maw in the lawn? Yup. New emotes, mount customizations and more are all part of the Strain Ultra Drop. In addition two zones will be available, one of which promises shiny new loot and challenges for max level players.

As someone who has burned through a ton of monsters on the way to level 50, I find myself particularly excited about this event. Not only is it the first one we get to participate in on Nexus, but Carbine seems intent on providing not just new challenges and monsters, but new areas and tons of new ways to customize our houses. Given that housing decor is not only a fun way to spend time, but also has a huge impact on your Rest XP, this is a promising sign of things to come.

What do you think? Are you ready to go kill some freaky purple space monsters? Let me know in the comments below.
-Digmbot