[BLOG] Elite's ghost ships to be busted

All MMO's, P2P and F2P... As MMO's get more interest and we have shows dedicated to them, or lots of news posts, we will add new sections dedicated to them
PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Elite's ghost ships to be busted

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Elite's's a really good game, at least if you ask our station manager. He loves Elite: Dangerous. It still has a few kinks to be worked out though, and the ghost ship bug is just the latest one that the developers are working to address.

The bug is that players who have their commanders in supercruise are being interdicted - that is forcefully yanked out of supercruise to engage with the other ship. Only, these ships never appear... at least I guess they're non-hostile ghost vessels? Either way, the reports are mounting up and lead designer Sandro Sammarco took to the game's forum to discuss the bug among other things.

“Interdiction ending with no other vessels present - this sounds very much like a bug, so please ticket. In general, if an interdiction completes (either because of submission or the interdictor winning) then both ships should be pushed into the same space. I can't really think of any circumstance where this should not be the case.”

There's also some considerations on how to better make use of bounties, including making them a "special, non-expiring fine" for the perpetrator so that they'll have to pay for their crime at some point (Sammarco did point out that bounties are a green light for other players to attack you - which is part of the punishment in their eyes) and potentially setting higher bounties for those long-time players who target new players. As someone who generally swears off PvP games because I'm fed up of being a newbie punching bag for older players, I like this idea.

There should be even more to talk about when the first big update hits the game too.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!
Digmbot

Re: [BLOG] Elite's ghost ships to be busted

Post by Digmbot »

I've submitted 7 bug tickets for this. SO ANNOYING. I . Want. Mah. BOUNTIES! And yes, Elite is amazing.
-Digmbot