[BLOG]: LG unveils DoublePlay dual-screen Android smartphone

Lonesamurai
Big Kahuna

[BLOG]: LG unveils DoublePlay dual-screen Android smartphone

Post by Lonesamurai »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

The LG DoublePlay stands out from the vast majority of modern smartphones by virtue of offering two displays. It also has a large, split QWERTY keyboard, making it a great handset for creating emails and longer texts. Read on to find out more about the LG DoublePlay.

We used to see a lot of mobile phones with dual screens, with clamshell handsets a particular favourite. Now large touchscreens are the order of the day, the second display has died out, making the LG DoublePlay an unusual device.

The LG DoublePlay is an Android handset, featuring a 3.5-inch touchscreen. There’s a sliding QWERTY keypad underneath, which isn’t exactly a popular form factor in itself, but LG has distinguished itself further by adding a second screen in the centre of the keypad.

The internal display measures in at 2 inches, and promises to double as a launchpad for your favourite applications and shortcuts, or that can also work in tandem with the main screen.

Other specs are slightly more mainstream, including a 1GHz Snapdragon processor and a 5-megapixel camera.

At present, there’s no word on pricing or availability for the LG DoublePlay.

Could you imagine owning the LG DoublePlay? Or would the second screen be useless for you? Leave a comment and let us know!
CrimsonShade
He's Technically Motivated

Re: [BLOG]: LG unveils DoublePlay dual-screen Android smartp

Post by CrimsonShade »

I could only imagine owning the phone if it's less than £200 and I actually had some money in the bank when it releases - but I could certainly see myself with one. It's got a rather interesting concept.