[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Oct 9th

PredictedCyborg

[BLOG] Kickstarter Gaming Round-Up: Oct 9th

Post by PredictedCyborg »

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Welcome to your weekly update on the interesting side of Kickstarter gaming.

First things first - since last week Home Free has seen its target met as well as a stretch goal involving the performance of tricks for the 'beg' side of earning food as a low-poly puppy. As I backed this one myself, I can't wait to see if further stretch goals get met, especially the cat one. Dracucat has not quite reached its target but it is less than €100 away now with plenty of time to spare yet. However, at the same time Crashnauts has had its campaign cancelled by the developer which is sad but not terribly surprising.

Also in Kickstarter news, our friends at Big Punch Studios have successfully got their card game Sandwich Masters backed as of 2 days ago. Lonesamurai has played this game already and he's excited to get into playing the game where you do your best to fulfill the sandwich orders to reach the winning level of sandwich bucks. Well done Big Punch!

---------------

Bertram Fiddle - A Victorian Animated Adventure Game

This is actually the second in a series of games continuing in an episodic fashion.

The story follows the titular character as he attempts to find out the identity of the culprit known only as 'Geoff the Murderer'. The game is animated and is a point and click game, requiring you to locate clues and click on them to 'discover' them. The team behind this game want to make Episode 2 bigger and better than Episode 1 with "more story, more choice and even more punbelievably bad jokes" included. Fortunately they made enough money from the first game to cover a good deal of this game's development and just need a bit more to ensure Episode 2 lives up to expectations.

Bertram Fiddle has made £5,744 of its £25,000 goal  and still has 27 days of campaign left to go to meet target.

---------------

Boom Chicka Meow Wow

Next another cat-based card game. Boom Chicka Meow Wow is a simple little game. Basically, a cat is on the table and you need to use your cards to get the cat who gives you points. Person with most cat points at the end wins.

You obtain cats by using cards, such as the Money cards to bid for the cat (highest one wins) or Text cards which have certain effects to them. The cats themselves can also have effects, like Lancelot who will allow you to take a cat from another player. That is basically the game, simple as it is, and this is another Kickstarter to get the funding to see the game printed and distributed - like Dracucat it has been developed and refined already.

This game has 24 days to go and has made kr2,750 of its kr30,000 goal so far.

---------------

NinjaFrog

This one I'm including because its a 2D platformer and its story kind of harkens back slightly to the days of the original Spyro game despite the game's roughness. Also it's being made by one 20-year old student, and I admire that drive.

NinjaFrog is a 2D sidescrolling platformer in which you can collect coins to buy upgrades, find cages of prisoners to free to encourage you to explore levels and in which there are no ladders - only your grappling hook.

The story sees Frog as nothing more than a gong-ringer for a local temple where a powerful scroll is kept. But when that scroll is stolen and the mighty warriors made nothing but spirit, Frog must set out to retrieve that scroll himself!

NinjaFrog has made only €30.00 of its €10,000 goal so far, but has 27 days to go still.

---------------

Wolf & Hound

Another interesting little card game here, a 2 v 2 team game this time.

Each player has a paddock of 3 sheep, and must use their cards to move the wolf or the hound around the board. Each team is trying to make it so that one of their opponents loses all their sheep before their opponents leave them with an empty paddock. Having a wolf in the paddock at the start of your turn will chase away one of your sheep, while having a hound in there at the start of your turn will return a sheep to you. There are also more advanced cards that can change play as well. This game has already been marketed successfully in Japan, and the Kickstarter aims to bring the game to more audiences in the world.

Wolf & Hound has a $10,000 goal and has made $2,150 already with 27 days to go.
Yes that's Minecraft-me in my av. Done by Reiu who is damn talented!